Ali and the Liberal Party are working hard to ensure we are combatting climate change by creating substantive plans to protect our environment.
WHAT WE’VE ACCOMPLISHED
- Put a price on carbon to make polluters pay and gave the average family $307 in tax credits in return.
- Developed the global Ocean Plastics Charter and a Canada-wide Strategy on Zero Plastic Waste to keep plastics out of landfills.
- Invested in infrastructure to help our country adapt to extreme weather events, including more than $6 million invested locally in Willowdale for wastewater systems to reduce basement flooding.
- Introduced a $5,000 credit for the purchase of Electric Vehicles.
OUR NEXT LIBERAL GOVERNMENT WILL
- Make homes more energy efficient by providing free energy audits, a Net Zero Homes Grant of up to $5000 for a new home construction or access to up to $40,000 in interest free loans for retrofits.
- Introduce a $5-billion Clean Power Fund to make Canada home to the cleanest mills, mines and factories in the world.
- Plant two billion trees over 10 years as part of a $3.5 billion commitment to better conserve forests, grasslands and costal areas.